After researching the best places to travel on a budget from 10 different websites (all within on year of posting). These are the top places (most recommended) to travel on a budget…in the US. Take a look and find a place that works for your next family vacation!
Best Places to Travel on a Budget
Phoenix, Tucson, and the Grand Canyon
- Warm weather year round
- Free hiking, and experience the desert
- Check out the desert charm by heading to Tucson and taking a scenic drive around Mount Lemon
- Or camp at the Grand Canyon and save more by going to the park on “free entrance” days
- Lots of food festivals
- Many historic sites (Olympic games, and Martin Luther King)
- Scenic hiking
- Easy travel with their rail system
- “City of Fountains” to go explore in town
- Lots of free museums
- Many attractions
- The Bellagio Fountains
- Ditch the car, and walk to all attractions
- Stay away from the casinos to save money
Albuquerque to be exact.
- Great festivals, they have an annual balloon festival
- Chance to see how the native and Spanish culture has evolved
- Beautiful weather (they claim sunshine 300 days in the year)
Nashville and Memphis
- Great for music lovers
- Lots of museums to visit
San Antonio, Fort Worth
- Lots of stuff for music lovers
- Great outdoor parks and food trucks
- Alamo and River Walk
- Full of history and Mexican culture
- Lots of activities to do with a convenient location, and plenty of ways to travel
Salt Lake City
- Many parks and museums
- Lost of outdoor national parks, or ski places
- Lots of history
- Family friendly activities (though admission fees can add up)
- Best to travel in spring or fall
When looking for the best places to travel on a budget, there are plenty of options to choose from, from around the US. The biggest thing is to make sure you are looking for the best rates for your hotel, and flight. If you choose to travel to some big cities, be sure to look into the price of their rail or bus fair since it may save you money on car rental, parking, and driving in traffic.
What’s your favorite place to travel from this list? Comment below.
If you liked this post, please let us know by leaving a comment below and clicking those share buttons to tell your friends. As always, we appreciate you taking a minute of your time to spread the word about preparedness.